Sunday, September 20, 2009

Shut-In Pass

Here's a drive-in movie ad that really makes you appreciate how times have changed. Not sure what year this ad ran but I'm guessing mid 1950s? It's a series of stills accompanied by happy, uptempo music (think "Holiday for Strings").

Would I!

I'm kind of new to the neighborhood, but let me snoop around a bit.

Just think, our "shut-in" neighbor would be sitting at home alone right now if it wasn't for us!

One of the people pictured above COULD be a "shut-in"... will you know one by sight?

I'm having a real hard time envisioning how this transaction would go down. "Yes, that'll be 2 normal adults, 3 kids, and one shut-in, please."

This gem is found in the Elite Entertainment Drive-In Discs Collection (covered in greater detail at this previous post).

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Hah! That is a classic!!!